Thirsty Thursday - A Clean Eating Linky




Happy Thursday! For those of you still in school, I'm sending you well wishes. And for those of you like me, soak it all in now. I was having lunch with a friend yesterday and we were saying how fast it all goes.

Now, to the meat (ha, no pun intended) of this post. I know many of you have been doing the '3 Weeks, No Cheats' with Rachelle over at For Blogness Sake. I, personally, did not get to start the 3 weeks when all of you did. I knew I was going to Philadelphia for a wedding over Memorial Day and that school was ending and I didn't want to feel guilty for anything.





I knew I would 'cheat' so to speak. Now, on the other hand I know that eating clean is a way of life.

However, let me also say this. Having a cupcake here or there may also be a way of life. I don't live in Philly. I don't eat Cheesesteaks every day, every week, or even every month. So once a year, I feel I'm allowed to have a cheesesteak with my dad and absolutely enjoy it. Yes, the bread has gluten. Yes, I felt gross afterwards. But, I will remember that moment with dad forever. I will remember my dad laughing at that Black & White cookie and asking if it was a frisbee.

For the greater part of the past school year I felt sick to my stomach with stress. During the week I didn't eat. From the day we went back at preplanning on July 31, 2013 to the last day of school on May 22, 2014 I lost 30 pounds. It was not the most healthy.

Today, on my 3rd full day of summer break (don't be too jealous - summer school preplanning starts on Monday and Tuesday and the kids come on June 9th -- that's right friends, I'm CrAzY!), I thought I would share some of my favorite smoothie and clean eating sites, plus a favorite recipe or so. Then I would love for you to link up with yours. Hopefully by the end we can have a wealth of clean eating resources to go to when we need something quick. Have fun.

One of my newest found sites since April is Simple Green Smoothies. They have an Instagram where they post a lot of recipes, and they do challenges. Check them out fo sho!



Diane's blog Balanced Bites is another good one.


And this is one more I have been enjoying on facebook, 100 Days of Real Food



This is the recipe I found on Pinterest I really want to try. But, p.s. - I can't stand regular tomatoes, so I want to try it with Bruschetta tomatoes (Costco sells an awesome container).

Spaghetti Squash Bake
Delicious spaghetti squash is combined with basil, tomatoes, and cheese for a perfect and easy meat-free meal. Serve with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and crusty bread for a tasty everyday family dinner
Ingredients
  • About 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
  • 2 large garden tomatoes sliced
  • Kosher Salt
  • Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Basil, Dried Parsley for sprinkling
  • 5oz of fancy shredded Mexican cheese blend (separated)
  • Fresh Basil for Garnish
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spray a 11 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
  3. Spread about 1 cup of spaghetti squash on the bottom.
  4. Top with a layer of sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with kosher salt and spices.
  5. Top with 1.5 oz of cheese.
  6. Add another layer of squash, then tomatoes, spices and cheese. Top with a final layer of squash.
  7. Top with the last 2 oz of cheese and sprinkle with the spices one last time.
  8. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
  9. Top with some fresh cut basil and cut into 6 serving sizes about 3×3 inches each.
  10. Enjoy!
Don't forget to link up. 


1 comment

  1. Love these recipes, they sound so yummy! What are bruschetta tomatoes!? I must know, it sounds like they would be good. I will have to look for them during my next Costco trip.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top