So Long, Farewell


So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu

Well 2012, it's been real! We had our ups and downs. We had our medical emergencies - and truth be told, some questions are still unanswered. But, through stitches and surgeries, my body now has four more scars than it began 2012 with. Fortunately only one is visible on a daily basis and also fortunately scars heal. Unfortunately, only one scar may actually need plastic surgery down the road but we'll see. 

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne


2012 helped me leave unemployment behind. After 6 years in a classroom, I finally started the school year on my own for the first time from the very beginning of the school year as a full year hire. 2012 helped me leave my 20's behind and enter my 30's. And, I also gained a brand new beautiful niece. 

I journeyed on my first summer vacation in 5 years, and biked across the Golden Gate Bridge. 
Despite some debt, which I think a lot of us are experiencing, all in all 2012 was pretty good. In the words of my mom, 2013 is the year of Sydney. I don't know if that means I'll be visiting Australia or what but surely it's gotta mean something good. So, so long 2012!

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!

Lessons Learned
Beginnings are scary, endings are sad, it's the middle that counts the most. 
Start the year off right
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

4 comments

  1. I absolutely Love Law and Order SVU it is my favorite show! As I sit here on my last day of winter break as well I think I may go turn it on! Have a beautiful and blessed january and 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back in the school mindset as well...kinda hard too though. Good luck in 2013!!

    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have a few days of break (we don't go back until Monday) but I am probably going to be spending most of that time in my p.j.s! Have a great 2013!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lessons learned are very insightful Sydney. Hope you are doing well!

    -Leslie
    KindergartenWorks.com

    TeachJunkie.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top