A Segment I Like to Call 'Really!?!'

Did anyone think of Saturday Night Live with Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler? If so, that's right where I was going! If not, warning, my humor is dry and sarcastic but I am sweet as can be. So what I'd like to do here is a little segment updating you on my week, my thoughts is this crazy world of teaching, and maybe make you chuckle. 




 Why is it that being useless makes you more tired than actually working? After a two week hiatus of subbing my long-term stint began today. I have to be honest and say I had a sick to my stomach feeling the whole morning (really, I was glad I had those book baskets from the Dollar Tree in my car still - ya know for my non-existent classroom - just in case)! Was it finally the realization that a full-time job may not come its way right now? I don't know. 

My position is in EIP. Well there are no EIP schedules yet (Really?! We've been in school for 5 weeks), so especially for me who doesn't even have a computer, there is not much to do. Fortunately, one of the other first-grade teachers from last year also had a baby and so this year she is doing EIP part-time,  so it was nice to catch up with her. Otherwise, I spent my day in an AP's office getting the books ready for the new barcoding system in our Literacy Center (Really?!, I mean Really?!). I felt like such a waste. Yet, I have been home since the faculty meeting and haven't moved a muscle (for REAL - I am pathetic, the gym is on my floor. Really, just suck it up and GO there). Maybe it's because I am also bummed that almost everything in the new Missoni line for Target is sold out (Really Target, I mean plan for the high demand! You've only been building it up for over a month now. Really!?! I hope you restock tonight so I can bust a move there after school tomorrow Really, I hope you do, please)!

2 comments

  1. Haha love it! I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I also have dollar tree baskets in my trunk, just in case! Haha hope target gets their act together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya! Maybe this will put a smile on your face... I think you're versatile! :)

    Check it out -

    Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top